Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New WiFi hub

richardwm120
Aspirant

New WiFi hub

I have had my orbi working for 4 weeks
My main hub by Virginmedia has got to be changed. Is it just a matter of putting in the new cable or have I got to set up as new
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: New WiFi hub

As long as the new hub is configured the same as the old one (router vs. bridge mode), then just power down the Orbi router, make the swap, and then power on again. (assuming you do not need to configure things like a different user password or login name.  Spectrum uses DHCP - no login required.  No idea what your ISP does.)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

As long as the new hub is configured the same as the old one (router vs. bridge mode), then just power down the Orbi router, make the swap, and then power on again. (assuming you do not need to configure things like a different user password or login name.  Spectrum uses DHCP - no login required.  No idea what your ISP does.)

Message 2 of 4
richardwm120
Aspirant

Thank you
Message 3 of 4

Remember, some ISPs like to supply a modem/router combination. This can complicate the picture.

If it is a simple swap of one Virginmedia  device for an identical replacement, then I am with @CrimpOn but if they are not the same, you may have to faff around a bit.

Unless, of course, you already have the Orbi is wireless access point (AP) mode.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7