Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Newbie Set Up

OrbinewbieUK
Aspirant

Newbie Set Up

Hi Guys,

Having a really frustrated evening in the UK. After lots of research I finally bought th Orbi RBK50 but have spent the last few hours of my life cursing the system so here’s what I’ve done:

-Logged Into the ISP Router
-set to modem mode
-connected the router up
-went through the config
- managed to get an internet connection

So far so good now the annoying bit.....my old basic router from ISP receives 180-220mbs download and 12 upload.

The new Orbi now receives and sends out 20mbs down and 7 up? Have I Set up anything wrong? Has this been seen in the past?

Also can some talk me through how I connect the second satellite via an Ethernet cable?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
OrbinewbieUK
Aspirant

Re: Newbie Set Up

Hi all, so I set everything back to the old set up. Tested the old WiFi speed to check then re-set up Orbi! Now getting 220mbs which is great!

Now just need help with connecting the second satellite via an Ethernet so I get the same download speed for the second satellite along with its WIFI reach.

Thanks all
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Newbie Set Up

What FW version are you using on the Orbi system?

When connecting back haul, just make sure the Satellite is on and is synced via wifi first. Don't power OFF the satellite, just connect the ethernet cable to the satellite. Give the system about 2-5 minutes to re-configure for wired back haul. Don't log into the router and check anything till after the Satellite appears with a Blue LED.

Are you using any Gb network swtiches between the router and Satellite? If so, whats the Mfr and model#?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7