Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No connection with internet at start to conninterne( needs 5+ seconds) once connected speed is

ChrisCox1952
Guide

No connection with internet at start to conninterne( needs 5+ seconds) once connected speed is 100%

I am having Orbi RB50 VS 2 system and generally it works perfect

My only issue is that if i start a connection to Internet, first i am getting warfning/message that there is no connection, then i have to wait several seconds and suddenly connection is available without any action from my side.

It is not a job killer but sometimes it irritates, and it has not always been this way.so i am trying to solve it.

I am using Windows 11 ( topic was allready there with Windows 10 ) and i alo have Norton 360 running

Message i see on my PC when i am using LAN connection, i am not sure fi iphone/ipad have same issue and i certainly get no messages overthere 

Interned speed test tels me i am getting full speed i am paying for so once it is running there is no problem, its just when starting 

Does anyone have suggestion what to do or don't

Thansk and regards

Chris

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: No connection with internet at start to conninterne( needs 5+ seconds) once connected speed is

Most Ziggo boxes are modem/router combo devices and cause a doubt nat (but can't 100% confirm without an actual model)

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to?
2. what firmware is on the orbi router? And on the satellites?

3. You're only getting the notice on your windows pc's?
4. what happens if you disable norton?

Message 2 of 7
ChrisCox1952
Guide

Good morning Plemans

Following to your answers

1. I am using Ziggo ISP, therefore the connectbox from Ziggo

2. Firmware on Orbi router 2.7.3.22

3. I am getting message on PC, not sure about Iphone and/or Ipad ( soory for not being more specicily)

4. I didnot try to disable norton so far

hope this helps

regards

Chris

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Most Ziggo boxes are modem/router combo devices and cause a doubt nat (but can't 100% confirm without an actual model)

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 4 of 7
ChrisCox1952
Guide

Hi Plemans

i checked with ISP, and they confirmed that I do have bridge mode setup on their router. What has happened they informed me that some time ago a firmware updated was done to modem. Modem has been reset by them, and I am now seeing if that will solve issue,

thanks for your support

regards

Chris

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

I hope that fixes it for you!

If not, try putting the ziggo back in router mode (disable its wifi) and then put the netgears address into its dmz. 

I've seen to many isp supplied devices not function properly in bridge/passthrough mode. 

Message 6 of 7
ChrisCox1952
Guide

good morning

i wouild like to come back on our previous conversation.

I recently changed from ISP and ars eusing now Fritz Box to receibe internet signal.

Problem however remains, do you have any suggestions i copuld follow

thanks, Chris

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7