Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI AC3000 WITH APPLE 8S WIFI CALLING HAVING BIG PROBLEMS - OTHER PARTY CANNOT HEAR ME

VNE
Follower
Follower

ORBI AC3000 WITH APPLE 8S WIFI CALLING HAVING BIG PROBLEMS - OTHER PARTY CANNOT HEAR ME

HELP - I just bought an Orbi RBK53 and my Iphone 8s does not work with wifi calling feature - the other party complains of spotty conversation - every other word etc.

We are using a new Ac3000 RBK50 with a new ISP providing service over 250 Mbps up and down - the new internet is very fast. I called my ISP and they said nobody else is having this problem - my issue with spotty wifi calling on my iphone 8 on my new orbi ac3000 is isolated to me - no other customers from the ISP are having this issue - the ISP promtes the orbi AC3000 and they have lots of customers using it with zero complaints. 

Please help - I want my wifi calling to be smooth on my new orbi ac3000 rbk50.

My old isp had slower speeds of under 40mbps and I used my apple wifi with no problems. The apple wifi can't handle the speeds of my new isp so I bought the orbi. 

Thank You,

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: ORBI AC3000 WITH APPLE 8S WIFI CALLING HAVING BIG PROBLEMS - OTHER PARTY CANNOT HEAR ME

Are you sure you are connected via WiFi Calling when the issue of bad audio happens? Does the iPhone show the Wifi Calling sign during the call?
Do you see the same issue if you set the iPhone on flight mode, activate Wifi and make calls?
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI AC3000 WITH APPLE 8S WIFI CALLING HAVING BIG PROBLEMS - OTHER PARTY CANNOT HEAR ME

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@VNE wrote:

HELP - I just bought an Orbi RBK53 and my Iphone 8s does not work with wifi calling feature - the other party complains of spotty conversation - every other word etc.

We are using a new Ac3000 RBK50 with a new ISP providing service over 250 Mbps up and down - the new internet is very fast. I called my ISP and they said nobody else is having this problem - my issue with spotty wifi calling on my iphone 8 on my new orbi ac3000 is isolated to me - no other customers from the ISP are having this issue - the ISP promtes the orbi AC3000 and they have lots of customers using it with zero complaints. 

Please help - I want my wifi calling to be smooth on my new orbi ac3000 rbk50.

My old isp had slower speeds of under 40mbps and I used my apple wifi with no problems. The apple wifi can't handle the speeds of my new isp so I bought the orbi. 

Thank You,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7