Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI App not connecting to router

MJL316
Initiate

ORBI App not connecting to router

After downloading IOS 14 my Orbi App will not connect to ORBI router, even twith rying anywhere access connection. Keep getting errors that my wifi is off and local area network is off, which is not the case. I deleted ORBI app and reinstalled, went through install with the ORBI router, still no luck. Any suggestions? This may be the case that Apple is forcing me to upgrade my Iphone 8.

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit and post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 2 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

@MJL316 wrote:

After downloading IOS 14 my Orbi App will not connect to ORBI router, even twith rying anywhere access connection. Keep getting errors that my wifi is off and local area network is off, which is not the case. I deleted ORBI app and reinstalled, went through install with the ORBI router, still no luck. Any suggestions? This may be the case that Apple is forcing me to upgrade my Iphone 8.

Was this Orbi originally set up using the Orbi "app" (not the web interface)?

Anywhere Access only works when it has been activated with the Orbi app when connected to the local LAN. The app needs the Orbi to make a connection to the Netgear Cloud for the Anwhere Access pathway.  Now that the app cannot connect to the Orbi, it's "too late" for Anywhere Access.

The root of the problem appears to be that the iPhone cannot conect to the Orbi WiFi.  One thing to consider is the network setting on the iPhone for "Private MAC Address". This is a security feature (of dubious value in my opinion, but that's just an opinion).  You might try resetting that to use the physical MAC address, "forget" the Orbi WiFi, and try to connect again.

p.s. iPhone 6+ connects to my Orbi.  An iPhone 8 is newer.

Message 3 of 16
MJL316
Initiate

Thanks, I originally set my router up using the oRBI app. Tried your suggestion on the MAC address, did not help. To be specfic, the router and 2 satillites work fine. The ORBI app will not recognized the RBR50 router signal?

Message 4 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

@MJL316 wrote:

Thanks, I originally set my router up using the oRBI app. Tried your suggestion on the MAC address, did not help. To be specfic, the router and 2 satillites work fine. The ORBI app will not recognized the RBR50 router signal?

So, the iPhone connects to the Orbi WiFi and can do all the regular "iPhone things" (email, web browsing, Facebook, etc.), but the Orbi app just nothing when opened?  On my Android Orbi app I have had to "log in" to my Netgear account when I haven't used the Orbi app for a while. (have app on 4 different Android devices and sometimes do not use it on one for weeks at a time).

Message 5 of 16
Honestbridge
Initiate

I’m having the same issue. Just started today after a couple of months owning the new Orbi. Works fine on all of my wifi my phone will just not locate it.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What FW version is currently loaded?

@Honestbridge wrote:
I’m having the same issue. Just started today after a couple of months owning the new Orbi. Works fine on all of my wifi my phone will just not locate it.

Message 7 of 16
vajim
Master

Please visit and post about this in the Orbi app forum:

Then stop using the app

Message 8 of 16
Mikey32235
Tutor

I have the RBK13 and I installed it yesterday working fine. Network still connected to all devices and running great. However I can’t get into the app. Tried all sorts of resetting and it isn’t working still! What should I do?
Message 9 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you connecting to the Orbi signal and loggin in using the admin and PW used on the RBR? 

@Mikey32235 wrote:
I have the RBK13 and I installed it yesterday working fine. Network still connected to all devices and running great. However I can’t get into the app. Tried all sorts of resetting and it isn’t working still! What should I do?

Message 10 of 16
Mikey32235
Tutor

Yes, I’m logging in and connected to the Orbi network. All my devices connect and work fine and the signal is great. But not being able to log into the app is frustrating. What should I do?
Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is loaded on the Orbi system? 

I'd try a full factory reset on the RBR with a wired PC and web browser. Setup using the web browser mentod. Be sure to write down all important information for safe keeping. Once the RBR is setup again, try the Orbi app. You might uninstall the app then re-install it. Also try the app on a different device as well. 

Message 12 of 16
Mikey32235
Tutor

It’s now working! Thank you!
Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.Smiley Wink

@Mikey32235 wrote:
It’s now working! Thank you!

Message 14 of 16
ansarim786
Aspirant

Did it work because you did a factory reset?  I have the same problem - all my connections work except for 1 device.  I played around with the Orbi app, not sure what I did in the Devices section and then 1 connection (fireTV stick - one of many in my house) and now the Orbi app does not work either.

I am going to explore the factory reset option.  But, wanted to confirm before I take such a drastic measure to fix my issue.

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try out and see. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
Good Luck.

@ansarim786 wrote:

Did it work because you did a factory reset?  I have the same problem - all my connections work except for 1 device.  I played around with the Orbi app, not sure what I did in the Devices section and then 1 connection (fireTV stick - one of many in my house) and now the Orbi app does not work either.

I am going to explore the factory reset option.  But, wanted to confirm before I take such a drastic measure to fix my issue.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7