Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI FAILS TO BACKHAUL WITH CONNECTED DEVICES RBK50

Rnubes
Aspirant

ORBI FAILS TO BACKHAUL WITH CONNECTED DEVICES RBK50

After extensive research i got the ORBI RBK50 with one satellite. I choose it due to ethernet backhaul. After a successful setup, i plugged the ethernet into it for the backhaul. First right next to each other with nothing else plugged in. I then noted it works. But the satellite does not allow clients to connect to it using wifi or ethernet it once it connects. Also, if i try to do a backhaul with ethernet later with devices plugged into the main unit, it does not pick up the backhaul. This is very frustrating. I have not changed the settings from defaults. Netgear, how hard is it to get a simple backhaul going??? I suggest you allow for a specific setting in the web GUI. Keen on tips from others.

Message 1 of 5
Rnubes
Aspirant

Re: ORBI FAILS TO BACKHAUL WITH CONNECTED DEVICES RBK50

oh i am using firmware v2.2.1.210 on both which is the latest

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. This feature needs to be disabled if you connect the satellite via ethernet to the base router.

Set up IP address reservations for each satellite and devices on the router as you add them to the router. The satellites need to be set up via wireless first. Then connect 1 satellite at a time to the ethernet LAN cable. Wait 5 minutes and the top led on the satellite should turn on BLUE. Set up an IP address reservation for the 1st satellite. Continue to do the same thing for the 2nd satellite. Then follow up with your devices. 

Message 3 of 5
Rnubes
Aspirant

Thanks. Got it working using that. But I notice the phone app just shows everything connected to the router as it says the satellite is not connected . When I log into satellite I can see the devices attached. Seems the phone app doesn’t accurately show the devices connected?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. It's working. When the satellite is connected wired to the router, the device connects show up as connected to the router since the connect is directly in contact with the router. If the satellite was wireless, it would show up as connected to the satellite. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7