Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBK53

Srmodi1963
Tutor

ORBI RBK53

I have this orbi system and it was working fine until today in the morning. last night when I went to sleep every thing was ok and working. today In the morning no wifi net work name found. I turn on and off both router and modem but it does not work . what do you think. what should I do. reset every thing ?
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Yes you can reset and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. 

@Srmodi1963 wrote:
I have this orbi system and it was working fine until today in the morning. last night when I went to sleep every thing was ok and working. today In the morning no wifi net work name found. I turn on and off both router and modem but it does not work . what do you think. what should I do. reset every thing ?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Yes you can reset and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. 

@Srmodi1963 wrote:

Message 2 of 5
Srmodi1963
Tutor

every thing working properly. just overnight something happened. may be FW update. i have auto update.

Message 3 of 5
Srmodi1963
Tutor

modam and router both net gear.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Post back if something else happens. 

Please give feed back to questions if this continues. Details are important.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7