Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR 50 Dissconnects

josalo
Aspirant

ORBI RBR 50 Dissconnects

My husband bought this product but forgot to connect to the support within the 90 days and now we have this product that never worked as it should. As soon as we are adding the satellite to the network devices disconnects from the network. For example a cromebook, iphone and an ordinary pc. When we remove the satellite from our network things are a bit more stable but this does not help us. We bought the product to overcome our trouble with the "seamless" wifi in the hole house.
Yes I have the latest firmware and it's the same version on router andsatellite 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR 50

Try disconnecting all wireless devices first. Turn them ALL off. Then connect up the Satellite and let it sync. Then turn on a wireless device and connect it. 

How big is your house? Sq Ft? 

Try disabling Beamforming, MIMO and any Daisy Chaing and 20/40Mhz Coexistence. 

Set manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz

Set WPA2 and AES onlly. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the Orbi router is connected to? 

@josalowrote:

My husband bought this product but forgot to connect to the support within the 90 days and now we have this product that never worked as it should. As soon as we are adding the satellite to the network devices disconnects from the network. For example a cromebook, iphone and an ordinary pc. When we remove the satellite from our network things are a bit more stable but this does not help us. We bought the product to overcome our trouble with the "seamless" wifi in the hole house.
Yes I have the latest firmware and it's the same version on router andsatellite 

Message 2 of 4
josalo
Aspirant

Thank you Furree38,

Unfortunally did not your suggestion help.
We do not have a modem, wi got fiber, I'm not sure what that device is called :-). I do not think that should be the problem since it works when I'm not adding the satelitte. I have a big house and it is beacuse of that I'm bougt the satelitte but no matter how close I am to the router everything drops when adding the satelitte. I think there are a hardware problem with the satelitte and I need to contact the shop and return the crap.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

IF there is a problem when adding the satellite, then contact NG support and see about replacement of the Satelite. Try another Satellite and see if it still happens. Could be a bad sateliite unit. Or Router unit. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7