Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50 internet access won't toggle back on for device

DeviousDog
Follower

ORBI RBR50 internet access won't toggle back on for device

I turned internet access off for a device (iPhone) on my network, now I can't turn it back on. I toggle the switch, it saves, but when I refresh the device list it shows as being off. I've tried everything I can think off, but it always reverts back to being off. I suspect it is related to the private address mode on the iPhone, if I turn it off then the phone will re-connect successfully, but it shows as a different device. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR50 internet access won't toggle back on for device

@DeviousDog wrote:

I turned internet access off for a device (iPhone) on my network, now I can't turn it back on. I toggle the switch, it saves, but when I refresh the device list it shows as being off. I've tried everything I can think off, but it always reverts back to being off. I suspect it is related to the private address mode on the iPhone, if I turn it off then the phone will re-connect successfully, but it shows as a different device. Any ideas?

You may be correct that the new "Private address" feature of the latest iOS version is wreaking havok.  I would disable it (i.e. use the 'real' MAC WiFi MAC address).and permit that device to connect.

By chance, would Access Control be turned on?

This "turn on/ turn off" is on the Orbi "app" or the Orbi web interface?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7