Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR50 shut down

stigedis
Aspirant

ORBI RBR50 shut down

So we were watching a movie and all off a sudden we lost connectivity to the internet. Has happedned in the past. Have had to reboot the modem at times. SOmetimes purple light on orbi router is on and rebooting the router fixes the issue.
Tried both multiple times to no avail. Got on phone with internet provider and did some trouble shooting. Modem seems to work as does ethernet cord that connects to Orbi router (can get on internet with direct hard wire to computer with ethernet cord from modem). 
Currently on orbi app it says that the RBR50 (with red dot) is "disconnected" and "device is offline". With wireless device (smart phone) it shows its on the network but "offline".
However before it said connected but offline. I could click on router or sat and see devices paired.

What should i try to do next to remedy? Will factory rest to the trick? Call customer service? 
Thanks in advance. 
Frustrated in MN

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
stigedis
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply michael. We figured it out. Weird but cat5 in wall (that has been in place for years)works from modem to computer. But does not work modem to router. New cat5 and up and running. Weird. I appreciate the feedback/assistance….

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

@stigedis wrote:

Have had to reboot the modem at times.

What is that modem?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
stigedis
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply michael. We figured it out. Weird but cat5 in wall (that has been in place for years)works from modem to computer. But does not work modem to router. New cat5 and up and running. Weird. I appreciate the feedback/assistance….
Message 3 of 4

That's good news.

Funny how an inexpensive bit of wire can cause chaos. You are not the first, and won't be the last, to hit that one.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7