Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI - SPLENDID GEAR BUT WITH A MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT

LMFAR
Aspirant

ORBI - SPLENDID GEAR BUT WITH A MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT

I BOUGHT A ORBI SYSTEM 1 RBR50 PLUS 2 SATELITES.

I WAS A PREVIOUS USER OF 3 A APPLE AIRPORT WIRED CONNECTED AND I DID THE SAME WITH ORBI.

REASON TO CHANGE : BECAUS EI DO NOT LIKE TO HAVE DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS LIKE AIRPORTS.

ORBI PROVED TO BE SOLID AND EXCELLENT SIGNAL BUT MUST CONFESS A MAJOR OMMISSION AND DISSAPOINTMENT : HOW IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE DEVICES ONLY ADMIT PRINTERS AND NOT USB HARD DRIVES !!!!!

NOT 100% FAIR FROM NETGEAR TO WAN IT AND SOMETIMES SOUNDS TRICKY BY CONFUSING NETGEAR WITH ORBI HOWEVER I BLAME MYSELF TOO ABOUT NOT CHECKING SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS.

CONCLSUION : I AM NOW CONDEMNED TO WORK WITH NAS STORAGE.

NETGEAR : YOUR BEHAVIOUR HERE IS SOEMWHAT NOTTY.

REGARDS

Message 1 of 6

Do you have some sort of problem that you want help with fixing? I can't see one in your message. Is it all down to the USB drives?

If you do want help try posting in the appropriate bit of this community.

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

NETGEAR : YOUR BEHAVIOUR HERE IS SOEMWHAT NOTTY.

Not sure what you are on about there (notty?), but you should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

By the way, there is no need to SHOUT. It makes messages hard to read.

Message 2 of 6
LMFAR
Aspirant

Sorry if I have offended somebody.

I dont shout using CAPS. It is my typing style since 60 years already when used to be in comminuciations (TELEX - do you know what this sytem meant ?) when all was typed in caps. Moreover there is no worldiwde established rule to use CAPS or not otherwise take me to the Hague Tribunal.

Secondly the essence to have a community is to let you been heard by somebody and Netgear is by essence the member of this community so they must hear what users say. Otherwise please Netgear close this space and we make a close group taliking about Netgear through another platform.

My spelling about 'notty' was wrong (sorry my mother language isnt English) and I meant 'naughty;. According to the Oxford Dcitionary it means : badly behaved; disobedient.

So if you read things within the context the reason of Netgear being naughty is because they dont specifically point customer's attention that the USB plug is totally limited whilst the customer associates that plug with pen drives, hard drives and printers can be used. My humble opinion that this is not a fair approach between Manufacturer and Customer.

Anycase I wont spend more time of my life giving explanations of what was my intention and non compliant writing style establsihed nowhere as a norm. The bottom line is that ORBI  is a good piece of hardare except this great dissapointment. 

If a 'techy' (as somewhat wrote. Does techy exists ?) from Netgear picks up the glove and convinces somebody inside their Co to develop this USB access, the better otherwise have sincerely a nice day. Kind regards.

Message 3 of 6
LMFAR
Aspirant

The help I need is how to connect an external USB hard drive to the USB port that comes in ORBI Routers and Satelites.

My apologies beforehand if that was not noticed in my previous post.

Kind regards

Message 4 of 6

@LMFAR wrote:

Sorry if I have offended somebody.

I dont shout using CAPS.

Yes you do.

@LMFAR wrote:

It is my typing style since 60 years already when used to be in comminuciations (TELEX - do you know what this sytem meant ?) when all was typed in caps.

As news editor of a leading magazine, back in the 1980s I persuaded a computer company to write a small routine to convert to lower case all Telex messages that arrived via British Telecom's first foray into email. (They could not manage sentence case.) That was because we were hurtling towards the 21st century.

If a 'techy' (as somewhat wrote. Does techy exists ?) from Netgear picks up the glove and convinces somebody inside their Co to develop this USB access, the better otherwise have sincerely a nice day. Kind regards.

Try making a suggestion here:

Idea Exchange For Home - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 6
LMFAR
Aspirant

I repeat that if I have offended somebody Im sorry. Your comments about BT proves what I have said. Anycase I dont wish to spend time of my life in this useless dialogie. Enjoy your Sunday whoever you are. Yours faithfully .
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7