Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI UPNP not working when device connected to satellite

gorstj
Initiate

ORBI UPNP not working when device connected to satellite

Using latest firmware 2.1.3.4.

RBR50 is in Access Point mode wired to my ADSL router (Fritzbox 7390)

Anything attached to my RBR50 (main) either wired or wireless is able to use UPNP port mapping to automatically setup port forwarding from my main router.

However anything atatched to my RBS50 (satellite) is unable to setup UPNP port mapping to the main router.

I have moved the same devices from the main unit to the satellite and back again to verify and re-recreate the issue. I have verified this with PLex and the linux command line utility 'upnpc -l'

I assume the Orby wifi backhaul is losing the multicast UPNP commands?

There doesn't seem to be any settings to alter this behaviour in Access Point mode.

I was on firmware 2.1.2.18 until today when I tried upgrading to the latest firmware as above. I am not sure when this issue started.

Thanks for any help

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
gorstj
Initiate

Always good to sort out your own problem - hope it ssaves someone elses time!

I have disabled 'enable daisy chain topology' in my Orbi router advanced wireless settings. UPNP now works perfectly

I presume this is a bug?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried wired back haul?

After updating FW, did you factory reset both router and Satellite then set up from scratch?

Wonder if you changed to router mode on the Orbi router and set up this way if anything changes. Only seems like Satellite is having the problem. Was the FW updated on the Satellite as well?

What devices do you have connected to the satellite?

Message 2 of 4
gorstj
Initiate

Always good to sort out your own problem - hope it ssaves someone elses time!

I have disabled 'enable daisy chain topology' in my Orbi router advanced wireless settings. UPNP now works perfectly

I presume this is a bug?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Will keep this in mind. Thanks for letting us know.

Enjoy.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7