Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI admin login no longer works RBRE960

jfjoyner
Aspirant

ORBI admin login no longer works RBRE960

Everything was fine a few weeks ago when I last opened the ORBI app. Although the network is working, now ORBI doesn't recognize the admin login credentials. I see there was an app update. Why did the update wipe everything clean (password, users, and security questsions)? It's pain in the ass to do a factory re-install.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI admin login no longer works RBRE960

What FW is loaded on the system? 

What mobile platform are you using? 

Local connection is working for me with my 9 series. However Anywhere Access isn't. 

Message 2 of 5
jfjoyner
Aspirant

Can’t answer on FW. Unable to log into app to see. Unknown mobile platform … what’s that?
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Apple or Android platform? 

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@jfjoyner wrote:

Everything was fine a few weeks ago when I last opened the ORBI app. Although the network is working, now ORBI doesn't recognize the admin login credentials. I see there was an app update. Why did the update wipe everything clean (password, users, and security questsions)? It's pain in the ass to do a factory re-install.

My experience with the Android version of the Orbi app has been that often when the app updates, I have to enter the Netgear account login information again (which reminds me how complicated that password is to enter on a cell phone screen).  Nothing on the router has been "wiped clean".

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7