Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI connected to i-net modem, i-net modem connected to printer via Ethernet

Crasje
Tutor

ORBI connected to i-net modem, i-net modem connected to printer via Ethernet

I have my Orbi connected to my i-net supplier's modem. In that modem, I have connected a desktop and a printer via ethernet. All my devices at home can get on the internet perfectly at great speeds. Unfortunately, all devices on the wifi now can no longer access the printer.

• I don't know if I have installed my Orbi correctly (modem vs AP), what should it be?
  • Should I connect my printer to the Orbi directly?
  • Will my desktop still see the printer if it is connected to the Orbi?

newbie user here (2 days), help is appreciated!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI connected to i-net modem, i-net modem connected to printer via Ethernet

What is the Mfr and model# of this modem? Built in router? If so,

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

You need to connect the printer directly to the Orbi system.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI connected to i-net modem, i-net modem connected to printer via Ethernet

What is the Mfr and model# of this modem? Built in router? If so,

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

You need to connect the printer directly to the Orbi system.

Message 2 of 4
Crasje
Tutor

My router also takes care of my fixed phoneline (we call a lot abroad). So I configued the Orbi in A/P mode. As soon as I did, print paper started to come out (request send yesterday evening). Checked the macbook and the printer is green! So it seems the printer can stay connected to the router (not Orbi).

thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working now, Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7