Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI logging of ISP outage

ajg617
Aspirant

ORBI logging of ISP outage

Is there an option to log ISP outages in the ORBI?  We've been suffering through mulitple short (45 second or so) outages each day for weeks now.  I've talked with Comcast tech support which was futile.  Of note, when this occurs, I seem to lose ability to access other PCs on the LAN - i.e. a file transfer from one PC to another will stop and am unable to login to the Orbi as well.

For example, on 12/8 we lost all internet service a 5:04pm, 5:39pm, and 5:41pm - each lasted less than two minutes.  During those times, I could not login to Orbi or access a mapped drive on another PC.

TIA,

Ajg

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI logging of ISP outage

And, yes, there should be local access even if there is no internet.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

I believe the Orbi will log internet disconnections. Try disconnecting the WAN cable. Wait for the ring to turn magenta then plug it back in. See if this appears in the log.

It is not clear to me that loss of internet would cause those symptoms.
Message 2 of 7
ajg617
Aspirant

Yes, the more I think about it, I should still have LAN access even if the ISP drops and I don't.  Can't seem to find a last boot time on the Orbi though.

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Orbi logs "roll over" and events like that disappear. I have mine set to email the log to me every time it fills up. I can go 100 days without a reboot.
Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

And, yes, there should be local access even if there is no internet.
Message 5 of 7
ajg617
Aspirant

Do you uncheck any of the logging events?  I get the continuous DDoS logs so I imagine it will fill up fairly quickly.

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

I get an email almost every day.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements