Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI not connected

KAP23
Aspirant

ORBI not connected

Hello,
I moved my orbi satellite to a new location. I plugged it in and it blinked white for a minute then stopped. The blue light came on should for a minute and went out.
I logged into my Orbi app and it shows the satellite not connected.

Any ideas
Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
KAP23
Aspirant

Re: ORBI not connected

Okay,
That makes sense the satellite is connected to the other satellite.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

When the top ring of the Orbi satellite glows BLUE, that means it has linked up correctly. (The light then goes out because no one wants their Orbi satellite to glow blue all the time.)  I would look at the Attached Devices page again.

Message 2 of 9
KAP23
Aspirant

Here is a screenshot of my dash board showing satellite not connected.
Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you use a web browser to connect to the router web interface, and look at the Attached Devices page?

(Alas, I am "not one" with the smartphone app, and not entirely sure what an "Orange Dot" signifies.

Would be helpful to confirm that both the app and the web interface convey the same information.)

Message 4 of 9
KAP23
Aspirant

So on the app I can click on device list and only two orbi devices show up.

I'll try to connect with my lap top
Message 5 of 9
KAP23
Aspirant

Here is a screen shot of my connected devices on the web browser page. Shows two connected devices. 

Message 6 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes.  This is a "Daisy Chain" where one satellite connects to the router and the other satellite connects to the first satellite.  In the smartphone app, the color Green stands for "Good" and the (what IS that color, orange?) stands for "Poor".  It could be that the two satellites are too far apart or that something between them is affecting the connection.

If "things are working OK", you may want to just live with this.  (like, when a cell phone has only two bars, but phone calls are OK, "who cares?")

If things are NOT working the way you want, the first step is probably to move the 2nd satellite closer to the first one or change the "orientation."  i.e. raise or lower it. Turn it sideways.

Message 7 of 9
KAP23
Aspirant

Okay,
That makes sense the satellite is connected to the other satellite.

Thank you
Message 8 of 9
ekhalil
Master

If you think that Satellite 1 is closer to the Router than to Satellite 2 then please try to disable Daisy Chain in the advanced wireless settings and see if will get better link status when Satellite 1 is connected directly to the Router.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7