Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI not properly associating static IP

CrimpOn
Guru

Well.... actually 0 doesn't exist and 192.168.1.1 is taken already by the router, leaving 2 - 100. Still plenty of IPs to use.

Message 51 of 55
SdeGat
Apprentice

BTW @CrimpOn, is it possible/desirable to have the satellites on static IP addresses?

Message 52 of 55
CrimpOn
Guru

@SdeGat wrote:

BTW @CrimpOn, is it possible/desirable to have the satellites on static IP addresses?

There is no method on the satellite to set it to a static IP address.

Like any other device, a satellite can have an IP set up in the IP Reservation Table on the LAN Setup page.

Being just a bit OCD, I like to "know where things are", so I have assigned almost every device connected to my network a specific IP address.  (i.e. all the smart plugs begin at 192.168.1.41.  All the cameras begin at 192.168.1.51, etc.)  Nothing on the network actually cares, and I can already see that I did not leave nearly enough space for smart plugs.  Oh, well.  No one ever said being fussy was going to also be easy.

Message 53 of 55
SdeGat
Apprentice

Thanks @CrimpOn I thought I had not seen how to do it for satellites but wasn’t sure that I had not missed it. (Not that it happens to me that often of course 💁‍♂️)
I like to assign IP addresses to make sure that some apps or web interface shortcuts will always work. I’m not quite as thorough as you are. 🙂

Thanks for your continued support, advice, insight and humor. 👍

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 54 of 55
mengle77
Initiate

I know this is an old thread but I was having the same problem with reserved addresses not getting assigned.  I tried the "trick" of changing the DHCP addresses from x.x.x.21 to x.x.x.254 TO x.x.x.21 to x.x.x.100.

Restarted the devices that were not getting the addresses I wanted and it all worked.  I had tried restarting the devices prior to changing the auto assigned addresses range and it did not work at that time.  Only after changing the range of the auto addresses.

I know enough to know that should not change the addresses I wanted reserved.  Nothing was assigned in the >100 range in the first place.  All I know is it solved my problem.

Message 55 of 55
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 54 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7