Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI does not implement the fiber speed 1000M

ranzen
Tutor

ORBI setzt die Glasfaser-Geschwindigkeit nicht um

Moin,

seit ca. einem Jahr wohne ich in einem Haus mit einem Telekom VDSL-Anschluß (100 MBit). Zur Verteilung des Internet-Anschlusses im ganzen Haus setze ich ein ORBI-System ein, bestehend aus RBR40, RBS40 und RBW30. Mit Hilfe des ORBI-Systems habe ich überall im Haus ca. 70-90 MBit. Im Arbeitszimmer steht der RBS40, an dem ich einen schnellen Mac Mini 2018 direkt per Netzwerkkabel angeschlossen habe. Auch hier habe ich ca. 80 MBit. Soweit, sogut.

Jetzt habe ich aber seit ein paar Tagen einen Glasfaser-Anschluß von Vodafone mit 500 MBit. Und jetzt fangen die Probleme an. Ich habe jetzt ca. 2 Tage alle möglichen Kombinationen durchgetestet mit dem Ergebnis, dass ich nur direkt am Glasfaser-WLAN die volle Geschwindigkeit mit ca. 480-490 MBit habe. An diesem Glasfaser-Modem von Vodafone ist per CAT 6 Kabel (Länge 7,5 m) der ORBI RBR40-Router angeschlossen. Wenn ich dann das WLAN vom RBR40 genutze, habe ich nur ca. 90 MBit zur Verfügung. Genauso ist es dann im ganzen Haus. Auch im Arbeitszimmer am RBS40 kommen nur weniger als 100 MBit an.Es macht also keinen Unterschied, ob ich im ORBI-System das WLAN nutze oder meine Rechner direkt per LAN-Kabel am ORBI-Router anschliesse. Ich habe immer weniger als 100 MBIt, und das, obwohl fast 500 MBit hineingehen. Getestet habe ich das WLAN mit einem iPhone 8, welches direkt am Vodafone-WLAN fast 500 MBit nutzen kann. Im ORBI-System aber nur unter 100 MBit.

Wo ist die Bremse im System ?

Gruß

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI setzt die Glasfaser-Geschwindigkeit nicht um

Englisch Bitte

Message 2 of 10
ranzen
Tutor

since about one year I live in a house with a Telekom VDSL connection (100 MBit). I use an ORBI system consisting of RBR40, RBS40 and RBW30 to distribute the Internet connection throughout the house. With the help of the ORBI system I have approx. 70-90 MBit everywhere in the house. In the study is the RBS40, to which I connected a fast Mac Mini 2018 directly via network cable. Also here I have about 80 MBit. So far, so good.

But now I have a fiber optic connection from Vodafone with 500 MBit since a few days. And now the problems start. Now I have tested all possible combinations for about 2 days with the result that I only have the full speed of 480-490 MBit directly on the fiber optic WLAN. The ORBI RBR40 router is connected to this fiber modem from Vodafone via CAT 6 cable (length 7.5 m). If I then use the WLAN of the RBR40, I have only about 90 MBit available. It is the same in the whole house. Even in the office of the RBS40 there is only less than 100 MBit available, so it makes no difference whether I use the WLAN in the ORBI system or connect my computers directly to the ORBI router via LAN cable. I always have less than 100 MBIt, even though almost 500 MBit go into it. I tested the WLAN with an iPhone 8, which can use almost 500 MBit directly on the Vodafone WLAN. In the ORBI system, however, only under 100 MBit.

Where is the brake in the system ?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 10
ranzen
Tutor

I found the mistake. The router RBR40 reduces the WAN speed from 1000M to 100M/full duplex after a few hours.

How can I turn this off?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Did you power OFF The modem and Orbi router for 1 minute then power ON the new modem and let it synce then power ON the Orbi router and then test? You may need to factory reset the Orbi router and setup from scratch since you have changed ISP services, the system needs to be setup for the new. This time, ensure you don't enabled QoS, Traffic Meter or Access Controls on the Orbi router when setting it up. 

Message 5 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@ranzen wrote:

.................... I tested the WLAN with an iPhone 8, which can use almost 500 MBit directly on the Vodafone WLAN. In the ORBI system, however, only under 100 MBit.

I understand that you have your Vodafone ISP router working providing router functionality and also wifi on.

This is not recommended and it will cause you many different random issues.

1. You have to switch of the wifi on the Vodafone router.

2. You then need to either set the ISP router in bridged mode or set the Orbi in AP Mode

Message 6 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@ranzen wrote:

I found the mistake. The router RBR40 reduces the WAN speed from 1000M to 100M/full duplex after a few hours.

How can I turn this off?

This can also be another issue..

Do you have any switch in between the Router and Orbi? Have you tried changing the cable between the router and Orbi, it can also be a bad cable.

Message 7 of 10
ranzen
Tutor

No, there is no switch between the fiber router and the ORBI RBR40. The cable is a new CAT 6 cable (15m long).

Message 8 of 10
ekhalil
Master

@ranzen wrote:

No, there is no switch between the fiber router and the ORBI RBR40. The cable is a new CAT 6 cable (15m long).

Ok, Do you have any wired devices connected to either the Router or Satellite?

Als, please try the other suggestions:

I understand that you have your Vodafone ISP router working providing router functionality and also wifi on.

This is not recommended and it will cause you many different random issues.

1. You have to switch of the wifi on the Vodafone router.

2. You then need to either set the ISP router in bridged mode or set the Orbi in AP Mode

Good luck

Message 9 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@ranzen wrote:

The router RBR40 reduces the WAN speed from 1000M to 100M/full duplex after a few hours.

Gigabit Ethernet (and faster) is mandatory on auto negotiation. If a link is misbehaving why ever (going down and up), a re-negotiation will happen - but hey, this should not happen during normal operations.

But of course one could expect that a full GbE link is re-established again. Hardware interop issue between the ISP router and the Orbi WAN interface.

Grüsse

-Kurt

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7