Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI working very well but Cisco VOIP phone wired connected to router not working

mehanley
Follower

ORBI working very well but Cisco VOIP phone wired connected to router not working

I installed/setup the new ORBI router with the two satellites without problem yesterday however my work provided CISCO VOIP phone SPA504G although I have it directly wired to the router and have plugged and unplugged replugged it back in, it is not able to connect.

Anyone have any suggestions?  My IT guy recommended I reboot the ORBI router which is generally the universal fix for everything.  The other thing he did was on the Advanced WAN setup, under NAT filtering, he checked the box for "Disable SIP ALG".  Which so far hasn't worked.  Next I guess is to try the reboot of the router?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Re: ORBI working very well but Cisco VOIP phone wired connected to router not working

i have the orbi system here and have a siemans gigaset c610a ip phone set connected to it and it registers and works without issue

the gigaset is connected to the orbi router via ethernet and the sip alg is enabled

so you might need to first figure out if the cisco is not connecting ethernet wise or just not connecting voip wise for registration

you may need to make sure the cisco also is set to obtain dhcp and dns from the orbi and doesnt have a static ip set on it

pete

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7