Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 53 with latest firm updates and satellite does not show any devices

Srmodi1963
Tutor

Orbi 53 with latest firm updates and satellite does not show any devices

I updated firmware and my satellite does show any device ms connection. Internet is fine all satellites are working fine 4 of them just on orbi app all show green and connected but does now show any device connected. Why before old firmware it used to show which device connected to which satellite. Please can somebody explain or is it firmware problem?? Or some thing else
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS.

Message 2 of 15
Srmodi1963
Tutor

Thank you .
Right now since everyone working and schooling from home and internet is working fine I do not want to reset and try all over again. I taught if there is easy fix. I earlier turn in and off all satellite and router. Do do factory Resettings I have to wait At list month.
Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try maybe at night after everyone has gone to bed when you get time. 

If the system is working otherwise, let it go for now. 

Message 4 of 15
Srmodi1963
Tutor

Thanks
Message 5 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Srmodi1963 wrote:
I updated firmware and my satellite does show any device ms connection. Internet is fine all satellites are working fine 4 of them just on orbi app all show green and connected but does now show any device connected. Why before old firmware it used to show which device connected to which satellite. Please can somebody explain or is it firmware problem?? Or some thing else

Why did you update the firmware?

Message 6 of 15
Srmodi1963
Tutor

My orbi app It says new firmware is available and I should update it. This was there for 3 months ( since dec 19) I ignored it until now. And updated last week. Now all are up to date. But this problem arise. I want to fix only is easy fix otherwise wait until next update.
Message 7 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Srmodi1963 wrote:
My orbi app It says new firmware is available and I should update it. This was there for 3 months ( since dec 19) I ignored it until now. And updated last week. Now all are up to date. But this problem arise. I want to fix only is easy fix otherwise wait until next update.

My advice is revert back now to the version that was stable for you.

In the future do NOT do any manual (App or Email) updates,  When you NEED an update NG will push it to you with no action required by you.

Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS. 

@Srmodi1963 wrote:

Message 9 of 15
Srmodi1963
Tutor

Ithank you
I donot have issue with internet right now with any devices just not showing any devices connection on app even they are connected. I will not do any new update let NG do auto update.
I do not know how to go back to old firmware so I just continue as is until next Update comes and see.
Message 10 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Srmodi1963 wrote:
Ithank you
I donot have issue with internet right now with any devices just not showing any devices connection on app even they are connected. I will not do any new update let NG do auto update.
I do not know how to go back to old firmware so I just continue as is until next Update comes and see.

check the download area here....enter in your model number.  Once it's stable...step back and leave it alone.

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

I would leave it alone for now. This maybe a app issue. 

Please post here in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@Srmodi1963 wrote:
Ithank you

Message 12 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I would leave it alone for now.

Leave it alone....before you wanted them to perform a factory reset...?????

Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try Voxels FW for Orbi:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Voxels-FW-available-for-50-series-Orbi-only-available/m-p/1883...
You can revert back to stock FW if it doesn't work out for you. 

@Srmodi1963 wrote:
Ithank you

Message 14 of 15
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You can try Voxels FW for Orbi:

Bad adviceSmiley Sad

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo