Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 - Amazon Dash Wand does not see 2.4Ghz network

Doug-48051
Luminary

Orbi AC3000 - Amazon Dash Wand does not see 2.4Ghz network

I have an Orbi AC3000 on FW1.12.0.18. Everything appears stable, with one small issue. Today we purchased an Amazon Dash Wand. This is a small mic device that functions with Amazon Alexa.

The wand operates only on a 2.4 Ghz frequency.  The wand is not seeing the Orbi SSID?  I can’t confirm if this is due to a single SSID for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz network. 

The Wand App never gets to the network authentication screen with Network Name and Password.

Is there a method to confirm the problem and correct the issue?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Doug-48051
Luminary

Re: Orbi AC3000 - Amazon Dash Wand does not see 2.4Ghz network

Issue Resolved

The first time I tried to connect the Amazon Dash Wand

the Orbi Access Control was set to NOT ALLOW New Devices.

The Orbi automatically added the wand to a reject list.

So on my second connect attempt

I opened the Access Control from the Web UI. BUT the Wand was still listed on the reject under a random device name. WNC-00-00

Once I opened the Access to add New Devices AND Removed the wand device from the device reject list the Amazon Wand was able to connect to the orbi without any issues.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Hydro130
Luminary

I can't spaek to the Wand itself, but I can confirm that I have a few 2.4-only devices (Leeo, printer, Kindle, and an older Amazon Fire tablet) that have all always connected fine and without any hoop-jumping to my Orbi (including this latest Orbi f/w).

Good luck - I hope it works out eventually!

Message 2 of 4
rhester72
Virtuoso

My wand connected to and was/is working fine on both of the last public firmware releases, FWIW.

Rodney

Message 3 of 4
Doug-48051
Luminary

Issue Resolved

The first time I tried to connect the Amazon Dash Wand

the Orbi Access Control was set to NOT ALLOW New Devices.

The Orbi automatically added the wand to a reject list.

So on my second connect attempt

I opened the Access Control from the Web UI. BUT the Wand was still listed on the reject under a random device name. WNC-00-00

Once I opened the Access to add New Devices AND Removed the wand device from the device reject list the Amazon Wand was able to connect to the orbi without any issues.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7