× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000 router keeps losing internet connection

sfcheney
Follower

Orbi AC3000 router keeps losing internet connection

I have an Orbi AC3000 router connected to a POE. This setup has been pretty stable for the past 2+ years. A couple of days ago, the router started showing the internet was offline and it would go online and offline repeatedly and devices could not connect to the internet. I reset both the router and POE and the internet connection would be restored but only for a few minutes and the internet would start going offline and online repeatedly again.

After doing some troubleshooting and trying some different things to resolve the issue, I think I have narrowed it down. If the internet goes offline and then starts cycling offline and online repeatedly, I power off and then power on the POE. I don’t have to reset the Orbi router. The internet connection is stable for 3 or 4 hours and then the problem starts happening again with the internet going offline and online every 15 - 30 seconds. When I power off and power on the POE, the problem is resolved for another 3 to 4 hours.

I’ve also used a couple of different POEs and the problem occurred with 3 different POEs. Any ideas what is causing this?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi AC3000 router keeps losing internet connection

@sfcheney wrote:
I have an Orbi AC3000 router connected to a POE.

Some of us may be uncertain what "POE" refers to.  A lot of abbreviations are used in posts, and my first assumption was "Power Over Ethernet" (PoE), which is obviously incorrect.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7