Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AC3000 slow speeds

SteffenDK
Aspirant

Orbi AC3000 slow speeds

Hi.

We have connected the orbi AC3000 router to our fiberbox. We meassure the speed from the fiberbox directly to the speed provided by our ISP, but when we connect the orbi and test the speed through the router with a wired connection something Strange happens. Our download speed drops to around 320 mbs (should be 500) and our upload is around 470 (should also be 500). When we switch to the wireless it is even more Strange because the download drops to around 270 while the upload remains at around 470.

So what could be wrong. We have NOT changed that many settings only passwords and so on.

We ned somme help to carry on.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

couple questions. What is your "fiber box"? Model number helps. Does it have integrated router functions? These can change speeds with QoS or other features integrated into it. If it has router functions, i recommend contcting your provider to help set it up for passthrough function/modem only function. If that isn't possible, you can try the orbi in AP mode. 

What firmware is on the orbi?

Wireless isn't a good test of speeds because that's dependant on the device and the wireless setup of the device. 

Message 2 of 6
SteffenDK
Aspirant

The fiberbox is without a router. The brand og the fiberbox is Comega. According to the ISP it is One og the most stable around.

i know that wireless is not a good measure point, but with our former ISP and the setup there we had no problems in obtaining a speed of 400 mbs in our download even through wireless.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@SteffenDK wrote:

The fiberbox is without a router. The brand og the fiberbox is Comega. According to the ISP it is One og the most stable around.

i know that wireless is not a good measure point, but with our former ISP and the setup there we had no problems in obtaining a speed of 400 mbs in our download even through wireless.

couple things. Were you using the Orbi with your prior ISP setup? If so, whenever people switch isp's, its always a good idea to reset the devices and start back from factory settings. 

I know you say the fiber doesn't have routing functions. Do you have the model number on it? 

Message 4 of 6
SteffenDK
Aspirant

I have tried to attach a picture of the comega box. I can’t see any model number on it.

the Orbi was reset when we switched ISP. The firmware version is the newest one.

CF16CC0E-59E1-44B4-AB3D-EE12723EF41B.jpeg

Message 5 of 6
SteffenDK
Aspirant

Hi again all. 

I just tried for fun to log on my orbi router because I have heard something about QoS settings. So tried to go there and run the speedtest that is located there. This give my speed to 477,8 down and 541,44 up, which is much closer to the 500/500 plan I have. So why on earth can't I reach these numbers when doing a speedtest connected directly to my orbi router with a wire?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7