Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AC3000

davness
Aspirant

Orbi AC3000

I bought a Orbi mesh and right now I have a Nighthawk ac1900 C7000 modem router, can I connect the orbi without any problems? or I need to turn off the wifi on my modem?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi AC3000

Couple of options,

Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.

If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router modem.

Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

What FW version is the Orbi currently using?

Message 2 of 5
davness
Aspirant

I have a nighthawk ac1900 c7000 but does not have the option for bridge mode, I look everywhere and online and nothing, I try with a TP-Link modem TC-7610-E but the Orbi router never setup, got online for a couple of seconds and when I try to go to the next step just lost internet signal, then I power off and on and the same thing happen every time, I connect my pc to the router and the internet was fine, so I think I just going to return ut and look for another alternative

Message 3 of 5
davness
Aspirant

I connect the PC to the modem no to the router and the internet was fine, I'm thinking in return the orbi or get a c1000 modem, but I'm not sure that will work if I try that 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The Orbi system should work well with either modem. Those are just stand alone modems. There not modem/router combo units.

Did you factory reset the Orbi router and walk thru the set up wizard? This will help you get the Orbi router connected to the modem.

I would turn OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON. Then turn ON the Orbi router and do a factory reset then connect to the Orbi router using a wired PC or laptop at 192.168.1.1 with a web browser and walk thru the set up wizard.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7