Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AP mode & parental control

FredVH
Follower

Orbi AP mode & parental control

Hi,

Just installed an Orbi system (1 routeur RBR20 + 2 satellites RBS20).

WIFI is far better than before (great news so far !!!) but I faced issues with my streaming radio (SONOS) and Netflix (on smart TV through WIFI).

After having looked at some posts I have configured the routeur in AP mode.

This solved indeed my streaming issues but unfortunately I lost all the "parental mode" features 😞

I am not an expert at all so would like to know if there is a way to get back those "features" (one of the reason why I bought the Orbi system).  In the different forums one says that we cannot have those features in AP mode ?!

So can I configure my routeur in another mode then ?  (but of course I do not want to face again my streaming issues)

Thanks for your help !

Fred

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi AP mode & parental control

You are correct.  Orbi has two modes: "router", which includes a wide range of features, and "access point" which only manages the radios and has almost no other features.  Parental Control is activated only in the "router" mode.

Many forum participants report owning Sonos speakers and streaming TV's.  There may be solutions to your issues other than going to access point mode.  If not, this is the wrong product for your needs.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

You are correct.  Orbi has two modes: "router", which includes a wide range of features, and "access point" which only manages the radios and has almost no other features.  Parental Control is activated only in the "router" mode.

Many forum participants report owning Sonos speakers and streaming TV's.  There may be solutions to your issues other than going to access point mode.  If not, this is the wrong product for your needs.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7