Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi: Automatically adjust for daylight savings time ISSUES

machaf
Follower

Orbi: Automatically adjust for daylight savings time ISSUES

When I have Automatically adjust for daylight savings time checked in the router it screws up traffic meter and the VPN connection.

Traffic meters reads 0

VPN connections constantly drop and is unstable.

I cannot use Remote Desktop. Connections seem to constantly drop. I'm running the newest firmware "V2.3.1.44"

If I leave "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time" unchecked. Everything works properly.

Message 1 of 4
Chuck_M
Mentor

Can you please compare the traffic meter results between the phone app and the web gui?  Mine appear different -- and I dont have DST enabled.

Message 2 of 4
randomousity
Luminary

Just came across your post and decided to check my settings. I had automatically adjust for daylight saving time checked, and have noticed that the traffic meter is useless, showing next to no usage, and only for last month. So I unchecked to automatically adjust for DST, and then looked at the traffic meter again, and, lo and behold, the usage volumes for all time periods seem to be about what I'd expect them to be.

They do all say 0:0 for connection time, whether it's checked or not, but I don't know if that's just how it displays for a constant connection. But so odd to discover that a time setting is affecting the traffic meter display.

Message 3 of 4
neerajv
Tutor

Everytime after few hours, the settings automatically gets checked and then stats become zero unless i again uncheck it.

Looks like netgear is aware of the issue but has done nothing since last 1 year.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Traffic-meter-DAYLIGHT-SAVING-TIME-BUG-R7800...

-Neeraj

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7