Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Demo Units?

mavericksp
Aspirant

Orbi Demo Units?

We moved to this old multi family in NJ, pre-war with real thick brick walls plus the WiFi channel interference (I see at least 20 SSIDs in the list). We have FIOS gigabit and the rep agreed that their routers are not the best when it comes to WiFi support. Everything I read online suggests and recommends a WiFi mesh network and I narrowed it down to few of the same. Basic requirements are good WiFi coverage across the apartment and good reliable connection to Arlo baby monitor.

I’m wondering if Netgear has some sort of test/demo units for customers to check if it works at home? I could provide feedback with the unit if it does not work, but if it does I would be more than happy to join the Orbi family. I could go to the store and buy it, test it and return it if it does not work but I somehow feel terrible on the latter so I’m trying to figure out if there are demo units for testing.

I’m reaching out to two competitors for the same. I just don’t want to end up buying what will not work and probably sit in the cupboard for the rest of the device tech life.

Thank you.

Not sure if any Netgear employees are actually in the community.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't however you can go to places that stock Orbi systems and if they have a good refund policy, then you can demo a system and return it if you don't like it.

Message 2 of 7
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

My humble opinion is that Orbis running the current V2.1.4.16 firmware are not stable enough to trust with the safety of a child via baby monitor.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 7
mavericksp
Aspirant

Interesting. Looks like if I not getting a Netgear demo I might have to look elsewhere. I heard identical comments on Reddit which is the reason to get a demo. I was thinking of staying in the Netgear ecosystem - we are an Apple family and it appears there are similar complaints regarding that combo too, Apple and Netgear.

Again, does Netgear have a phone sales team to discuss some of these issues?
Message 4 of 7
mavericksp
Aspirant

I don’t want to go that route. Not a big fan of returning stuff to the store.
Message 5 of 7
st_shaw
Master

@mavericksp wrote:
Interesting. Looks like if I not getting a Netgear demo I might have to look elsewhere. I heard identical comments on Reddit which is the reason to get a demo. I was thinking of staying in the Netgear ecosystem - we are an Apple family and it appears there are similar complaints regarding that combo too, Apple and Netgear.

Again, does Netgear have a phone sales team to discuss some of these issues?

Your expectations sound silly to me.  You won't consider buying it unless the company gives you a loaner? Smiley LOL  How many companies have lined up to make you that offer?

Orbi is a mass-market consumer product that costs a couple hundred bucks. The company isn't going to spend the money offering loaners to random people, many of whom may not know how to use the product properly. They don't have a sales team to make single-unit sales to random consumers.  Your best bet along those lines is to find a boutique computer shop that will loan you one, if such a shop exists.

Orbi will either work great for you or it won't.  That's what the return policy is for.  There's no shame in returning something if it doesn't work for you, except maybe if it didn't work because you didn't know what you were doing.

Orbi works great for me and is smoking fast. I measure over 600 Mbps throughput on WiFi. I can get 30 Mbps throughput in the middle of my yard 500 feet away from my house.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

It's what return and refund policies that some retail and online stores are for. It give s you the option of trying it out. You have 15 days, some 30 days to see if the product you bought works well for you. If not, then the store gives you the option to return it. Theres nothing wrong in it.

There is no such Mfr that offers demo's to perspective customers. Not sure where you got this idea from. It's not bad to use the return policy that stores offer. It's why it's there. I demo'd the R9000, wasn't really impressed for the cost. I demo'd the XR500. I liked it however I could not afford to keep it as certain things in life happend for me. So i had to return it. I have now required the XR450 as of today. Looking foward to testing it out. 

NG or any other router mfr won't be contacting you about any demo offerings. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7