Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware Upgrades (Update Failed on RBR30s)

dfilip
Guide

Orbi Firmware Upgrades (Update Failed on RBR30s)

Dear NETGEAR Community,

I have an Orbi Mesh consisting of an RBR40 router and two RBW30 satellites.

From the Online Update page of the router (Advanced => Administration => Firmware Update), I get 'Downloading firmware' messages x3, one for the RBR40 router and two for RBW30 satellites.

The satellite RBR30s change after about a minute from 'Downloading firmware' to 'Waiting for connection' to 'Update failed'. The RBR40 router changes to 'V2.7.4.24', which presumable is the most current version?

And yes, I have tried power cycling the RBR30s before trying to update them (which is hint I found elsewhere).

Moreover, I am currently running V2.6.2.6 on the satellite RBR30's, and when I Google that, I get this page from NETGEAR:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBW30.aspx#download

So it looks like I am running the most current version of the RBR30 firmware (2.6.2.6)? Or is there a later version that I need to download elsewhere? But I am current, the why does it keep trying to download an update and then tell me it fails? Is that just a known bug?

Also, the 'Update All' button is greyed out, presumably because the RBR30 updates fail? So I can't use that.

Please advise whether anyone else is experiencing this, and if so, is there a work-around?

Thanks,

Dave.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

@dfilip wrote:

Dear NETGEAR Community,

I have an Orbi Mesh consisting of an RBR40 router and two RBW30 satellites.

From the Online Update page of the router (Advanced => Administration => Firmware Update), I get 'Downloading firmware' messages x3, one for the RBR40 router and two for RBW30 satellites.

The satellite RBR30s change after about a minute from 'Downloading firmware' to 'Waiting for connection' to 'Update failed'. The RBR40 router changes to 'V2.7.4.24', which presumable is the most current version? For the RBR40, yes. 

And yes, I have tried power cycling the RBR30s before trying to update them (which is hint I found elsewhere).

Moreover, I am currently running V2.6.2.6 on the satellite RBR30's, and when I Google that, I get this page from NETGEAR:

So it looks like I am running the most current version of the RBR30 firmware (2.6.2.6)? For the RBW30s, yes. Or is there a later version that I need to download elsewhere? But I am current, the why does it keep trying to download an update and then tell me it fails? Is that just a known bug?

Also, the 'Update All' button is greyed out, presumably because the RBR30 updates fail? So I can't use that.

Please advise whether anyone else is experiencing this, and if so, is there a work-around?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 3
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello dfliip,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues with updating your RBW30. The most recent firmware for the RBW30 is firmware version 2.6.2.6. The reason why the" update failed" error is present in this case is that new updates are not available for your RBW30 at this time.

Please refer to the link below for the most recent firmware for your RBW30:

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements