Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Firmware update

OldbeeNewbee
Follower

Orbi Firmware update

When checking my firmware updates my ORBI RBR50 router shows an update. Then the SatelliteRBS50 says "please wait a moment....." is something every going to show up. Ithas been a while.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi Firmware update

If you're not having any issues with your current firmware I'd suggest you don't force it, and just ignore that.

If you are having issues, then you can get the 2.0 fimware from https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-0-availability/m-p/1368730#M13446 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you're not having any issues with your current firmware I'd suggest you don't force it, and just ignore that.

If you are having issues, then you can get the 2.0 fimware from https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-0-availability/m-p/1368730#M13446 

Message 2 of 5
jerryschwartz
Apprentice

You didn't say what version is currently installed, so it's hard to give advice.

I can tell you this much: I bought a kit (one router, two satellites). When I tried to set up some of the features to my liking, I discovered that the screens in the GUI didn't match the documentation. Whole sections, such as the guest network configuration, weren't there at all. I checked, and my firmware was way old. I tried to manually install the latest, beginning with one of the satellites, and after it seemed to finish I had a brick on my hands. Tech support told me to exchange the kit, which I did.

The replacements did have newer firmware, but not by much. I tried the manual update again, and this time it worked—with one caveat. The GUI timed out during the update, and I had to log in to the satellite again to get the final status. My browser told me the connection had timed out. When I refreshed, I got the login prompt; then all was well. It took what seemed like an eon for GUI on the router to catch up. Be patient.

By the way, Chrome doesn't get along with the GUI on the router. Use a different browser, or you'll never get anywhere.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

jerryschwartz wrote: 

By the way, Chrome doesn't get along with the GUI on the router. Use a different browser, or you'll never get anywhere.

Odd, I use Chrome on Windows and have never had any problems with the Orbi admin website or the firmware upgrade.  Maybe you installed some Chrome extension that's interfering with something?

Message 4 of 5
jerryschwartz
Apprentice

It's not impossible that some add-in is causing the problem. I have the Norton toolbar installed, and it does sometimes cause the very top of the window to be obscured; but I've never seen it do anything like this. That being said, as a web developer I know full well that you can get your stuff working in six browsers, and somebody will find a seventh that breaks it.

I opened a support case, and Netgear is checking on it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7