Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Home Network Vanishing from Windows 10 Wifi List

sirenoftitan
Follower

Orbi Home Network Vanishing from Windows 10 Wifi List

I have been experience an ongoing issue since installing my orbi system just over 3 months ago. 

The issue is that the orbi network periodically vanishes from my desktop list of available networks. This doesnt appear to be a proximity or coverage issue as I have my macbook and iphone on the desk next to my desktop and both remain on the network. 

There doesnt appear to be anything I can do to reliably make the network reappear. I have tried resetting the desktop, resetting the network, deleting/updating the driver for the wifi receiver... none of this has a reliable effect. It seems to simply reappear randomly, but my hope is that there is an underlying cause that someone will be able to point me towards. Other networks remain visiable and available, but my own network is missing. 

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for diagnosing this issue? 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
RallyLevin
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Home Network Vanishing from Windows 10 Wifi List

IMHO , it's the REALLY poor firmware.

There's lots of outstanding bugs that they just can't fix - even though NG has been in this market for years .

Simple things like :

1.  displaying attached devices - doesn't work.

2.  MAC Access Lists - doesn't work

3.  Accurately detecting internet status - doesn't work

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@sirenoftitan wrote:

The issue is that the orbi network periodically vanishes from my desktop list of available networks.

Perhaps a little more information would help.

• Does the desktop remain "on" and "connected" 24/7?
    (I ask because my desktops are never turned off and only rebooted when software updates force a restart.)
  • Is the Orbi WiFi connection set to "Connect Automatically"?
  • Does the Orbi WiFi connection "disappear" while being used?
    (i.e. not trying to connect, but after connected?)
  • Is the WiFi capability "built in" or an "add on adapter"?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What is the Mfr and model# of the WiFi adapter in the PC? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Displaying attached devices, accurately detecting internet status all currently working in v2.5.1.8

@sirenoftitan wrote:

I have been experience an ongoing issue since installing my orbi system just over 3 months ago. 

The issue is that the orbi network periodically vanishes from my desktop list of available networks. This doesnt appear to be a proximity or coverage issue as I have my macbook and iphone on the desk next to my desktop and both remain on the network. 

There doesnt appear to be anything I can do to reliably make the network reappear. I have tried resetting the desktop, resetting the network, deleting/updating the driver for the wifi receiver... none of this has a reliable effect. It seems to simply reappear randomly, but my hope is that there is an underlying cause that someone will be able to point me towards. Other networks remain visiable and available, but my own network is missing. 

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for diagnosing this issue? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7