Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Issues

Mizzou
Aspirant

Orbi Issues

I just replaced my Mediacom router with a new Netgear Nighthawk modem/router. Do I need to restore my Orbi to original factory settings and start over? Thnx

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Issues

@Mizzou wrote:

I just replaced my Mediacom router with a new Netgear Nighthawk modem/router. Do I need to restore my Orbi to original factory settings and start over? Thnx

I'm not sure where to start here. there's some confusion on my end in what you're saying.

1. I just replaced my Mediacom router with a new Netgear Nighthawk modem/router. -----What model number? Firmware? Is it strictly a modem, a router, or a combo device?  If its a router, whats your modem? Basically this whole statement needs clarification on what modem-->router setup you have and how its configured. 

2. Whenever you redo your network, its always good to start fresh. Reduces chances of old settings messing things up. 

3. Answering how to setup the orbi can't fully be answered until we find out what your device is that you're installing first. If you're going some version of Modem--router--orbi, you'll want the orbi in AP mode but this can't be fully answered until we know the setup. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 5
Mizzou
Aspirant

Product: C7000v2

Netgear Nighthawk router/modem is what I am going to use.

Thnx

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@Mizzou wrote:

Thnx

You'll need to place your orbi in AP mode or you'll run into a double nat situation.  I'd start with resetting the orbi and starting fresh, helps prevent conflicts. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

No reset or AP mode configuration needed on the Orbi, Just turn OFF NAT mode (Router) on the C7000 and connect the Orbi in router mode to port #1 on the C7000. You'll be fine. 

I just connected a RBR50 to a C7800 in modem only mode. Working great. 

@Mizzou wrote:

Thnx

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7