Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mesh RBK50 or RBK853 Need more info

leahkushner
Aspirant

Orbi Mesh RBK50 or RBK853 Need more info

I am about to purchase the Orbi Mesh for my 4,500sq ft single floor home.   Because of the footprint of the home (all on one floor)  I need a network that will reach from the office at one end to the bedrooms at the other (approx. 100-110ft) plus extend outside 50ft from the router.   Right now we have dead-zones even with repeaters, Nighthawk and plug-in extenders with ethernet wired to each smart television.   My choices are the RBK853 (router plus 2) or RBK50 or 53s(router plus 3).  Will I need more than 2 satellites?  Can I mix the different Orbi's?  My goal is to get rid of the repeater and all the various networks.  Will I still need the wall extender with ethernet for the TV's especially the one the furthest from the router?   As it is the case with most homes, our network will be going through the kitchen with a microwave, refrigerator and stove.  How did this get so complicated?  I am ready to purchase the network already!!! Please advise.  What would you do?  Leah

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh RBK50 or RBK853 Need more info

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7