Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Mesh System Residential

SubSailor-FL
Follower

Orbi Mesh System Residential

My system appears to treat me as a User and not as an Administrator, when I am in the system trying to do setups, make changes, add devices e.g. new network printer. Much of what I need to access to add this device is grayed out and won't give me access. What do I need to do to have administrator privileges on my own system?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh System Residential

Are you using the RBRs web page with the admin and password to log in to the RBRs web page? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Mesh System Residential

Maybe I am not understanding, but getting past the login screen (i.e. entering "admin" and the Orbi administrator password) sort of guarantees that you ARE the administrator.

Is the Orbi in "router mode" or "access point" mode?  (This can be found on the Advanced Tab->Advanced Setup->Router/AP Mode.)

When the Orbi is in AP mode, there are a host of things that it no longer does.  For example, it no longer assigns IP addresses so the functions for setting those up no longer apply.  Neither do things like DNS settings.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7