Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Modem

jsmith1234768
Follower

Orbi Modem

Before I buy an Orbi wifi, I have dish internet and is very slow. It has a router and a modem. When I buy the orbi do I need a modem because I will cancel the dish internet and they will take both or do I have to use the dish modem so it will connect to the tv's. Clarify what dish does with my own router and if I need a modem or if I have to do dish's modem. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
Streak2
Master

Re: Orbi Modem

The main purpose of the Orbi system is to take your existing internet service and help make it available throughout your home by extending the wifi coverage.

Whatever equipment you currently have that brings the internet service to your home needs to stay. The Orbi base station will plug into that equipment and the satellite station will be placed at another location in your home.

Message 2 of 3
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

Re: Orbi Modem

You will need a modem that will work with your new ISP.  They will provide it (propably for a fee) or may let you opt to buy your own.  Orbi would replace your current router.  If your are leasing your router and modem, you may need to return them to Dish or your current ISP.  You will connect your Dish receiver to the Orbi.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7