Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Password Problem Manual Firmware Update

AJH4
Aspirant

Orbi Password Problem Manual Firmware Update

I have a two unit Orbi system and the firmware for the satellite will not update.  When I attempt to update via the admin page it shows the error of "no internet" even though internet is active.  When I try to manually update it will not let me login to the Satellite.  I changed the default login password and it works to get to the admin poage, but will not work to allow the firmware upadate.  I also tried the old default of "admin/password" to get into teh satellite and that did not work either.  The attempt to update seems to be working because it shows the correct address of the Orbi (10.0.0.x) but it fails on username and password.  Tried  admin with new password (used to login), tried actually "admin/password" and tried admin and wireless network password.  Internet keeps dropping off sateliite -- at least wired connextions -- so I really would like to update teh firmware to see if that helps.

Message 1 of 2
AJH4
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Password Problem Manual Firmware Update

Solution:  Paperclip (reset of Satellite) then try manual firmware update (worked).  Paperclip and auto update was taking too long.  Was told to move satellite closer to base station for auto firmware update.  Have not tried that.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7