× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi, Powerline, Switch

mnspink
Aspirant

Orbi, Powerline, Switch

I have a powerline adapter (Xycel) set up to the main Orbi, and from other powerline adapters (e.g. behind the TV) I have various switches (D-link) connected to the powerline adapter to connect the tv, dish, bluray, fire tv, etc.  It seems like these devices have trouble maintaining a connection to the internet, e.g. it's almost as if only one device can be connect per switch. 

I've assigned fixed IP addresses, but that doesn't fix the connectivity issue.

I've also changed over several of the devices to connect via wi-fi (since they now get a better signal), but still having issues with the devices connected through the switch and powerline - they still drop the connection quite frequently.

While my wi-fi is better, my wired devices don't work as well as they used to.  They all used to have a rock-solid connection with my old router (D-link).

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi, Powerline, Switch

Hello mnspink

We released a new firmware have you updated to the latest? are you seeing the same issues if you have the latest firmware?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
mnspink
Aspirant

I updated the firmware about two weeks ago, but will check if there is another update.

My Dish satellite receivers connect over MoCA, they also have trouble staying connected.

Message 3 of 4
mnspink
Aspirant

I updated to the latest firmware over the weekend.  The wired (powerline) devices still do not stay connected to the internet.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series