Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro WiFi 6 - Your Connection Is Not Private

ilpunto
Aspirant

Orbi Pro WiFi 6 - Your Connection Is Not Private

I bought a Orbi Pro Wifi 6 and right out of the box, I was getting the "Your Connection is Not Private" error message on every website I visited. I found the problem to be the date not being current on my device. After logging-in to orbilogin.com, I clicked on the "advanced" tab. Then Adminstration > NTP Settings. I noticed the current date showed January 20, 2021. I clicked on the blue Apply button and it connected to the Netgear NTP server and updated the current date on my device to October 2, 2021. Now, I can visit all the websites without any issuesOrbi fix.JPG

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Pro WiFi 6 - Your Connection Is Not Private

Thanks for sharing.  Weird.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Pro WiFi 6 - Your Connection Is Not Private

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi Pro forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Thank you, 

@ilpunto wrote:

I bought a Orbi Pro Wifi 6 and right out of the box, I was getting the "Your Connection is Not Private" error message on every website I visited. I found the problem to be the date not being current on my device. After logging-in to orbilogin.com, I clicked on the "advanced" tab. Then Adminstration > NTP Settings. I noticed the current date showed January 20, 2021. I clicked on the blue Apply button and it connected to the Netgear NTP server and updated the current date on my device to October 2, 2021. Now, I can visit all the websites without any issuesOrbi fix.JPG

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7