Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK 30 w/ Sat.

spencemitch
Follower

Orbi RBK 30 w/ Sat.

Why is it an absolute hairball when trying to update my Orbi router maunually?  Why not an app for people who only have access to a desk top (iMac), for set up and updating?  It cost me $200.00 to get my Orbi 30 router set up when I was forced to use your Orbi support group.

Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@spencemitch wrote:

Why is it an absolute hairball when trying to update my Orbi router maunually?  Why not an app for people who only have access to a desk top (iMac), for set up and updating?  It cost me $200.00 to get my Orbi 30 router set up when I was forced to use your Orbi support group.

Here's a better question....."Why maunually update your Orbi FW at all?"

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You can use the updater in the RBRs web page to update FW or you can manually download FW files and apply them yourself thru the RBRs FW update page. IT's recommended to do a factory reset and setup from scratch after applying a FW update. Mac is fully supported when using any browser. Safari, Firefox or Opera is recommended. 

@spencemitch wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7