Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK22 setup trouble

TXCISCO11
Aspirant

Orbi RBK22 setup trouble

In the process of setting up our new Orbi RBK22.  We have AT&T Uverse, which uses a router/modem combo.  So was planning to connect the Orbi via a switch off the router/modem and setup as an access point.  But still can't get passed the first several steps.  Rebooted the router/modem, connected the Orbi base to the switch via ethernet cable, powered up Orbi.  I do see the Orbi as available Wifi option and selected, logged on with the provided password, device says connected to the Orbi.  But when I try to setup via the app, it states taht the router needs to be set up and trys to go through all the steps over again and never sets up.  What do I need to do to get passed this to the next steps of setup and able to go into the Advanced Settings to change to Access Point?

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
TXCISCO11
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBK22 setup trouble

Just one follow up, if on the screen to begin Router setup I select dismiss, it does open the app and shows the Orbi system online and has great connection.  Did a speed test and was as expected up/down.  But still not able to access internet  on devices connected to the Orbi.  Also, did not see where Advanced Settings were or where to set up system as access point (AP).

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK22 setup trouble

I recommend that you contact your ISP and ask them about helping you disable the Modems radios and or bridge it. I don't think Uverse suppors bridging so you need to have them help you fully disable the wifi radios. Disable any Firewall and uPnP as well on the modem.

Then you'll need to use the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the ATT modem. Input this IP address into the DMZ, then reboot the modem and Orbi. Should have internet here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7