Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK50 Blinking white and power light blinking

Jgag
Tutor

Orbi RBK50 Blinking white and power light blinking

I have the RBK50 version with one satellite and last night sometime the wifi went out. Satellite unsynced and main router that I use as a WAP since att uverse only allowed it this way. The main box is blinking white and the power light is blinking red. I seen people post about the blinking white but not both. Is there any help that anyone can offer?
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Unplug the RBR from the ISP modem and all other wired devices. 

Power OFF the RBR. If you have a RBS50, use the power supply adapter from the RBS50 and plug it into the RBR50. Power ON the RBR with out anything connected. Does the back LED turn GREEN and remain ON or continue blinking RED? 

What happens if you press the reset button for 15 seconds then release? 

You have the RBR in AP mode? 

Message 2 of 10
Jgag
Tutor

Yes it's in AP mode as it's been working since June of 2020. The power supply from the satellite didn't help as it's still doing the same thing. Holding the reset button doesn't do anything as well. No matter how long you hold it
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible the RBR is bad. 

Might try this:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Need to press the reset button for 30 seconds then release, then it send to PUT the command and upload the FW. 
I had a problem on a Windows 10 PC where this didn't work to use TFTP, so I switched to a WIndows 7 PC and the TFTP worked.

Try nmrpflash:
https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

Message 4 of 10
Jgag
Tutor

I will be trying this later today and will report back. Thank you
Message 5 of 10
Jgag
Tutor

So when setting up my IP address it is not saving as I still have preferred DNS and alternate DNS open
Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So you got access to the RBR? If so, I would do a reset on the RBR using the ERASE function under Advanced tab/Admin/Backup

Do this with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem. 

You might also download the RBR FW file and using a wired PC, re-load the FW file on to the RBR, after it's processed the file and back to ready, ERASE function, then setup from scratch using the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Missing-Connected-Devices/m-p/2142349/highlight/true#M126110

Message 7 of 10
Jgag
Tutor

No access to the router, tftp didn't work either from my laptop. And I have windows 10 on all devices so I haven't been able to get access to bring the firmware back to prior version. If this is such a huge issue why won't Netgear fix this? Why can't they possibly take mine and swap it out for one that is working currently so I can get wifi again. They want me to pay to have my hardware checked. I feel like this is poor customer service
Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact a forum moderator and ask them for help and information regarding this:

@Blanca_O @DarrenM @ChristineT 

See what options are available to you. 

Message 9 of 10
John_Ba
Luminary

You may have weeks to get a reply, I did and of no help at all!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7