Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 Guest network and Disney Circle

JohnTe
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 Guest network and Disney Circle

I have a new Orbi RBK50 with a Disney Circle parental control device paired with the main network on the Orbi. The Guest Network is turned on with a number of devices connected to that network. In the Circle iPhone app the devices on the guest network are being listed as part of the Circle network. But, the Circle is paired with the main network, not the guest. So, how are the guest devices bleeding over to the Circle/main network?

"Allow guests to see each other and access my local network" is turned off. The Orbi is in router mode. This problem did not occur with my old wireless router hardware and its guest network. The problem is new with the Orbi. I suspect that I'm overlooking some setting that needs to be set properly, but I haven't figured it out, yet.

Thanks for any pointers on how to prevent guest devices from appearing on my Circle network.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBK50 Guest network and Disney Circle

Hello JohnTe

Under the guest network settings in orbi is the Allow guests to see each other and access my local network unchecked?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
JohnTe
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBK50 Guest network and Disney Circle

Allow guests to see each other and access my local network is _not_ checked. I want to keep guest and main networks completely separate.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7