Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 WPA2 KRACK Firmware Update Now Available

BretD
Admin

Orbi RBK50 WPA2 KRACK Firmware Update Now Available

Bug Fixes: Fixes WPA2 KRACK vulnerability in Orbi RBK50 Home WiFi System

Visit the NETGEAR knowledgebase for more info and instructions on updating your Orbi RBK50 Home WiFi System to patch the WPA2 KRACK.

https://kb.netgear.com/000049562

What is WPA2 KRACK?

Bug Fixes: Fixes WPA2 KRACK vulnerabilityBug Fixes: Fixes WPA2 KRACK vulnerability

Message 1 of 10
waynealight
Apprentice

Re: Orbi RBK50 WPA2 KRACK Firmware Update Now Available

router updated no problem. but satellite will not take the update.  it freezes on the initial upload and refreshes the screen to upload again.

Message 2 of 10
waynealight
Apprentice

power cycled system and it finally took

Message 3 of 10
bar_p_ranch
Aspirant

I have downloaded the patches and cannot get the satellite to update as I am getting prompted for a username/password before the update can be done.  I've tried the username/password that I successfully used to get into the orbilogin.com page, but that does not work.  I've hardwired to the router and tried to update the satellite, and get the password prompt that keeps failing.  I've hardwired to the satellite, logged in successfully, set up to do the manual update and get the password prompt.  I've tried the password that works to get into the orbilogin.com, and I have also tried 'password'.  What am I missing?  Do I need to try to update the router first (even though the instructions say to do the satellite first)?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 10
Tbsteph
Star

Unplug satellite for 10-15 seconds. Plug back in. Let it re-establish a connection. Try again.

Message 5 of 10
bar_p_ranch
Aspirant

Thanks much; this resolved the problem.  I cannot believe it was the "If everything else fails, try rebooting" solution.

Message 6 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Anyone concerned this patch is in BETA?

Message 7 of 10
OrbiMan
Luminary

I would say that this is the new netgear testing beta method. It is quite smart push it out to the forum full of semi tech people and give them feedback then push to mass later
Message 8 of 10
DezM
Star

Everyone. Just be sure to update the satellite FIRST and than update the router. I've successfully updated both.

Message 9 of 10
mastervisa30
Luminary

No problem uppdate here.I did uppdate my two satellites FIRST (one at the time)and then update the router. I've successfully updated both now and its working.

I got this yesterday and will test this orbi system if it works well for me, have open purchases for 45 days and free return.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7