Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK50 vs Orbi RBK53S

hptl17
Aspirant

Orbi RBK50 vs Orbi RBK53S

I wanted to know the difference between the RBK50 vs RBK53S. Like is the router and the satelite the same in both? Does the RBK53S just have 1 more satelite is that the only difference between those two? 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK50 vs Orbi RBK53S

S I believe has security features added. I think. Smiley Embarassed Armor however these features are already available in FW for the Non S versions. https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/RBK53Sv2.pdf

Seems to come with 1 year free use of Armor which is a fee based service. 

Also the S version maybe missing the USB port in back. Otherwise, they are the same and use same FW.  

Message 2 of 4
hptl17
Aspirant

When I had went to best buy, the guy said that they removed the usb port for some reason in the RBK50. I am not sure if he knew what he was talking about or not. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

In recent version of Orbi HW, the USB port is removed. RBK50 and 53v2 series. So If you don't see a USB port on the back then you'll know. It was hoped that NG would implement ReadyNAS on the USB port. Users have been asking about this for years now. However since this has never come about, and with NG removing the USB port on the back, I believe the NG has abandoned this feature for Orbi. If you need external storage or NAS features, I would recommended geting into actual NAS. It's not to expensive to get into and once your in, you'll never look back. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7