Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK52W system

NRWells
Aspirant

Orbi RBK52W system

I am looking to purchase a WiFi MESH system for my church. We currently have a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 but can't get a signal in the sanctuary due to the distance. I was thinking about purchasing the Orbi RBK52W and place the satellites in a line to get the signal there. Will this work? It is a MESH system but not sure if it will transmit from satellite to satellite to router. Any help would be great.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK52W system

Message 2 of 5
NRWells
Aspirant

Ok, but will one satellite talk to the other satellite and then to the router? Is this a true MESH Network? If the signal will not pass from satellite to satellite then this will probably not work for us.

Message 3 of 5
NRWells
Aspirant

Sorry, I just saw the daisychain info. Thanks. Will it do this out of the box or does it require technical setup?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, if you have them Daisy chained in a line, the traffic flow will go from one RBS to the other then to the RBR. 

Example of a Orbi AX system in Daisy Chain:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/No-Ability-to-Daisy-Chain-AX6000-two-satellites/m-p/1913199...

Same thing for Orbi AC. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7