Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK53 Router

Bananapine22
Aspirant

Orbi RBK53 Router

Hello, Going to purchase this Orbi RBK53 System after the new year does this router work with the TPlink AC1200 Wireless dual band 4g lte Archer MR400 Router.

Another question any problems with the latest firmware like connection issues.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

The short answer is, "of course Orbi will work with this router, but why would you?"

You might get a more informed response if you specify why and how you intend to connect the two.  Just from a quick glance, this TP-Link device is intended to use a 4G data plan to connect to telecom wireless networks.  The intention is clearly to provide Internet were there IS good cell service but the owner does NOT have a typical ISP (cable, FIOS, fiber, etc.)  On vacation at the beach, in a rented cabin, etc.  My guess is that most of those situations are not likely to benefit from Orbi's intended use.  It certainly will not provide enough bandwidth to stress Orbi.  Even "unlimited" data plans drop back to 3G (nearly unusable) after a certain amount of traffic.

Are there any reported problems with Orbi?  Yes, of course.  These forums contain many questions, and also reports from people who are frustrated (and angry).  However, the forums of competing products contain similar issues.  My Orbi has been working fine for over a year with no problems.  A lot of the reported issues have been resolved.

This is a fascinating idea.  Would love to hear more about it.

Message 2 of 5
DickDuke
Apprentice

It should work fine. But you will likely want to put the Modem into bridge mode. If that’s not possible, than you’ll want to put the Orbi router into Access Point mode.

The important thing is to have only one device acting as the router and serving out IP addresses via DHCP
Message 3 of 5
Bananapine22
Aspirant

Thank you for your help guys to be honest I have unlimited 4G data on my sim plan for £11 a month speeds I'm getting is around 80 meg 3uk compared to my Virgin media 70meg currently paying £37 a month.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

WOW, what a plan!  In the US, the new "unlimited" plans that cost many times £11 throttle speeds once the user goes over a threshold.  (3G speed is no fun.)  If it costs US$300, you'll recoup your investment in under two years.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7