Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK53 and scanning isue

RJG69
Guide

Orbi RBK53 and scanning isue

I purchased this system last year (2016) and it has served me well. I haven't needed to scan anything to my laptop , until now, and the remote scanning function of my Epson XP-810 will not work. All other remote features of the printer work splendidly. This function used to work when I had my old Comcast supplied modem and was using other netgear routers in my home. I have the current firmware on both the printer and my Orbi system. I was wondering if this could be resolved by connecting my printer to one of the Orbi satellites via USB? Any suggestions are welcome.....my goal is to be able to wirelessly scan and save photos to my laptop.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
RJG69
Guide

Thanks, DarrenM........over the weekend, I tried several different things trying to get the scanner to work, and nothing I did was effective...I was never even able to get the Epson Scan app to open on my laptop. But, I was successful in scanning, by using the microsoft scan app...it operated the scanning dynamics of my Epson XP-810 as smoothly as the Epson software used to perform when I was using my old Comcast modem and netgear router....go figure!!! If it works, it works and I ain't gonna sweat it no more!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello RJG69

Yes you could use the USB on the unit but I know some printers are having issues finding the network because its a mesh network you may want to search around on Epson community to see if they found a way to do it.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
RJG69
Guide

Thanks, DarrenM........over the weekend, I tried several different things trying to get the scanner to work, and nothing I did was effective...I was never even able to get the Epson Scan app to open on my laptop. But, I was successful in scanning, by using the microsoft scan app...it operated the scanning dynamics of my Epson XP-810 as smoothly as the Epson software used to perform when I was using my old Comcast modem and netgear router....go figure!!! If it works, it works and I ain't gonna sweat it no more!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7