Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR10 - Internet not working through router but working through satellite

emzy
Aspirant

Orbi RBR10 - Internet not working through router but working through satellite

Hi have the RBR10 Mesh wifi system that I purchased just over 3 months ago in my house with the main router on the top floor and the satellite on the bottom floor. It worked fine and all devices connected to the internet without issue but all of a sudden my 2019 MacBook and iPad no longer load a page when connected to the main router (the device upstairs). I can still access the internet when connected to the satellite but as soon as I go upstairs, and it switches to the main router (which I confirmed via the Orbi app), the internet can’t load anything. What’s strange is my iPhone wifi works on all floors without issue. It only affects the MacBook and IPad.

Things I have tried so far:
1) updated firmware
2) enabled fast roaming
3) power cycled the router

I am at a lost and as I didn’t realise we only get 3 months customer service on the device, I have no one to ask. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
alokeprasad
Mentor

Re: Orbi RBR10 - Internet not working through router but working through satellite

Anyway for you to test the Macbook with a wired connection to the main router?

Are other devices working OK connected (wired or Wireless) to the router ?

Message 2 of 3
emzy
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR10 - Internet not working through router but working through satellite

@alokeprasad Ihave no way to connect my MacBook as it only has a USB C port. 

The iPhone works fine through the main router. It's only the MacBook and IPad. I thought maybe those two devices were still trying to connect to the satellite because their wifi capability is better, however when I login to the router, it definitely says they're connected to the main router. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7