Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR20 Constantly Offline

PW22313
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 Constantly Offline

Hello,

Orbi RBR20 constantly goes offline. Once every 15 minutes. Absolutely maddening. I have a single story 2600 sqft house. Netgear CM1100 modem 2 feet away. I have spectrum service along with VoiP phone. The Outside line drop into the house is split, one to the modem and the other to the phone router. The phone still works when the Orbi goes out. 

I am running firmware 2.4.12.5

Probably 3 or 4 other networks within 300 feet

Spectrum tech came out and confirmed lines are good. Replaced cable wire inside.

Modem, phone router, orbi connected to surge protector (just replaced)

Replaced cat5e cable from modem to orbi recently

Factory reset orbi multiple times

Satellite is about 40-50 feet away. Even unhooked it and still had disconnect issues. 

I have played with lol the advanced settings found on the various forums and nothing works. Does anyone have any solutions? Return to Costco?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@PW22313 wrote:

Hello,

Orbi RBR20 constantly goes offline. Once every 15 minutes. Absolutely maddening. I have a single story 2600 sqft house. Netgear CM1100 modem 2 feet away. I have spectrum service along with VoiP phone. The Outside line drop into the house is split, one to the modem and the other to the phone router...

Have you tried turning off the VOIP router and see if Orbi still goes offline?

Message 2 of 4
PW22313
Aspirant

After weeks, actually months of troubleshooting I found it to be the splitter. I unplugged the VoIP and the splitter and just connected the main line in from outside and no connection drops. 

I don't have the phone currently connected and ordered the best splitter I could find. Not sure there is much variance given spitters have been around forever. The weird thing was is the splitter was just replaced last week by Spectrum and the same issued occurred. If the splitter continues to be an issue I will call them back and see if they are able to do another drop for the phone or if they have another option...maybe a regulator. 

Message 3 of 4
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yeah - splitter is the source of your Orbi problem.  Get a new combo box if possible, modem/router/VOIP, and ditch the splitter.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7