Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 Doesn't Connect to Internet for WiFi for New Spectrum Modem

RFRCEK961
Aspirant

Orbi RBR20 Doesn't Connect to Internet for WiFi for New Spectrum Modem

Spectrum said they are upgrading their equipment and sent a new HITRON E31N2V1 Modem. I connected the modem to the Orbi RBR20 and ran the ethernet from the Orbi to my desktop computer. I have 3 satellites on the Orbi with lots of devices: ADT Security, Ring Doorbell, Fire TV, Nintendo Switch, etc, and nothing works. I do have internet on the computer but no WiFi. The Orbi WiFi shows on my iPhone with 3 bars, but the Orbi App shows Internet Offline. I spent 90 minutes on the phone with Spectrum and they were unable to get it to work and said I should contact Netgear. I ran the New Setup on the Orbi App about 10 times with no luck. Please help.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Orbi RBR20 Doesn't Connect to Internet for WiFi for New Spectrum Modem

@RFRCEK961 wrote:
Spectrum said they are upgrading their equipment and sent a new HITRON E31N2V1 Modem. I connected the modem to the Orbi RBR20 and ran the ethernet from the Orbi to my desktop computer.

Did you just swap out one modem for another with the Orbi RBR20 router in place?

If so, you may need to persuade the Orbi to forget any bad habits it picked up from the old modem. When you first set it up, it will have looked for things like the Mac address of your old modem. But that information is no longer relevant.

Disconnect the Orbi, do a factory reset on it, and then go through the same setup process that you did when you first installed the RBR20.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@RFRCEK961 wrote:
Spectrum said they are upgrading their equipment and sent a new HITRON E31N2V1 Modem. I connected the modem to the Orbi RBR20 and ran the ethernet from the Orbi to my desktop computer.

Did you just swap out one modem for another with the Orbi RBR20 router in place?

If so, you may need to persuade the Orbi to forget any bad habits it picked up from the old modem. When you first set it up, it will have looked for things like the Mac address of your old modem. But that information is no longer relevant.

Disconnect the Orbi, do a factory reset on it, and then go through the same setup process that you did when you first installed the RBR20.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 3
RFRCEK961
Aspirant

Thanks. That worked. After wasting 2 hours on the phone with Spectrum and then purchasing a useless Netgear support contract and spending 2.5 hours on the phone with 3 reps and getting nothing accomplished, I saw your post, tried it, and all is well. Thank You.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7