Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR20 internet speed lower than expected

doublepeak
Aspirant

Tried to disable passthrough and set the RBR20 to AP mode, and it does not help. 😞

Message 26 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the 20 series may not support anythng near 900Mpbs...or there is something wrong with your RBR. 

I would contact NG support and ask about this. 

If your wiith in a return period with the place you got it, you might return it and get in to a 50 series Orbi system. 

@doublepeak wrote:

Tried to disable passthrough and set the RBR20 to AP mode, and it does not help. 😞

Message 27 of 35
doublepeak
Aspirant

I have been using it for almost 2 years. Just upgraded to ATT fiber two weeks ago and see this issue. 

Have anyone in this thread solved the issue? I dont see any answers. 

Message 28 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the 20 series doesnt' support near 900mpbs. Looked thru the thread, no body as returned anything faster than 500-600Mpbs. 

Message 29 of 35
doublepeak
Aspirant

That would be quite surprising, given the fact that gigabit hub/router speed has been around for so many years. 

I do see the other thread mentioned RBR50 had the similar issue solved after a firmware upgrade.  I have strong reason to believe this is mostly a firmware issue. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Possible that the 20 series doesnt' support near 900mpbs. Looked thru the thread, no body as returned anything faster than 500-600Mpbs. 

Message 30 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes 1000Mbps has been around for many years. On the WAN and LAN ports. This is a connect rate only, not thruput speed which differs. However this doesn't mean the WAN to LAN speeds will be supported fully. A few factors will inpact this. CPU and handling of the WAN to LAN speeds and if Cut-Thru or HW NAT accelleration is included in the HW and FW to help support seeing anything near 900Mpbs on the WAN to LAN speed with a wired PC. 

I have several current 1000Mpbs supporing routers, on the WAN and LAN Ports. they don't support anything near 900Mpbs on the WAN to LAN, just not enough CPU support or no HW NAT accelleration was buit in. 

Something to contact NG support about and ask about it. 

Message 31 of 35
doublepeak
Aspirant

Thanks. I just went through the support page of netgeat. They ask to pay for Premium Support as my product was bought 2 years ago. Hmm.

Message 32 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Might ask a forum Moderator to see if they can get you information on the 20 series.

@Blanca_O 

Message 33 of 35
doublepeak
Aspirant

I thought you are a moderator. Smiley Happy  Thanks. Dont know how to contact a real one.

Message 34 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

We are co users and voluteers here. Just select on the tagged name and it will open there profile. You can send them a PM there. 

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7